Preparation for First reconciliation are made during the 2nd grade year at St. Peter School and the PSR Program. Reconciliation times at St. Peter Church are Saturdays from 7:30 to 7:50 am and 3:30 to 4:30 pm.
EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE
If I am a Husband or Wife:
- Am I faithful to my spouse? Do I take him/her for granted?
- Do I neglect my spouse?
- Do I fulfill my spouse’s needs? Do I communicate with my spouse?
If I am a Parent:
- Do I give my children what they need from me according to their level of maturity: love, attention, time, listening, encouragement, discipline with love, careful practice of my faith?
- Or, am I “too busy”?
- Do I discipline only when I’m angry? Do I criticize and never praise?
If I am a Working Person or a Professional Person:
- Do I fulfill my contractual obligations? Do I give a “day’s work for a day’s pay”?
- Do I respect the property of my work place? Steal things from work? Do I abide by the code of ethics of my profession?
If I am a Catholic Layman or Women:
- Am I “up front” with my religion? Or, do I act in such a manner that most people would never even guess that I am Catholic?
- Do I support my parish “according to my means”?
- Am I materialistic?
- Do I give young people good example by living my faith?
If I am a Practicing Catholic:
- Do I go to Mass regularly?
- Do I give good example to others by the way I attend Mass?
- Do I habitually leave Mass before it is over?
- Is my religion sincerely held or just a Sunday obligation?
If I am a Neighbor or a Friend:
- Do I give my time to those in need?
- Am I a “good neighbor”? Do I speak well of others?
- Do I avoid spreading gossip about others?
- As a friend — am I loyal?
- Do I lend and borrow as a Christian should?
- Am I sensitive to others?
Since I am a Citizen:
- Do I carry out my responsibilities regarding the law?
- Do I show respect for the Law in the presence of younger people?
- Do I “run down” the political process or overly criticize the government?
Sins of Omission:
- For lack of trust and confidence in God.
- For neglecting the use of the Sacraments.
- For our apathy.