First Holy Communion
Preparation for First Holy Communion is done through St. Peter School and The PSR program during the 2nd grade year. However, preparation to receive the sacrament is ultimately the parents’ responsibility.
Essential Conditions for the Reception of First Communion
It is necessary that a child:
- Believe that the Eucharist IS TRULY the BODY and BLOOD of Jesus
- Have a DESIRE to receive Him.
Parents are required to attend the First Communion parent meeting. This meeting will provide parents with information on how to help prepare their child for this sacrament. They will also receive a home study book that will help their child for the worthy reception of this sacrament.
- Materials and instructions will be provided for parents to work at home with their child, to ensure that their child will be ready for this spiritual milestone.
Important Upcoming Dates
- 4/14/2013 1:00 p.m. Family First Communion Meeting
- 5/1/2013 6:15 – 7:30 p.m. First Communion practice
- 5/5/2013 2:00 p.m. – First Communion
- 5/6/2013 Vacation Day for St. Peter School 1st Communicants
- 5/8/2013 6:30 p.m. Mass, Blessing of Religious Items Received, & Reception for First Communicants & their Families